cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DSA
DSA
Level III

Install JMP in both 32 and 64 on same machine?

Dear JMP community,

do anyone know if it is possible to install JMP 14 in both 32 and 64 bit on the same machine?

I have some applications which I maintain that requires the 32 bit version since they are based on ODBC using 32bit drivers, but then i have other workflows where it would be nice to be able to leverage the power of the 64 bit version.

When i click the installer a second time it will only allow me to modify or uninstall the version i already have installed, i am not sure if I can workaround that so it allows me to install another bitness version...?

I am using win7.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Install JMP in both 32 and 64 on same machine?

Hi DSA,

You can't install both versions of JMP with the same installer, it's necessary to pick.  Which 32-bit ODBC driver's are causing you problems?

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi DSA,

You can't install both versions of JMP with the same installer, it's necessary to pick.  Which 32-bit ODBC driver's are causing you problems?

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

DSA
DSA
Level III

Thanks for the help Brian.

I am using the drivers from Microsoft Access Database Engine to read from Excel, and since our corporate IT division is only providing us with a 32 bit version of office i seem to be stuck with the 32 bit version of the driver and therefore the 32 bit version of JMP...

But i'll just go for JMP 13 in 32 bit and JMP 14 in 64 bit.

Thanks,

Daniel

I believe you can install the x64 version of the Access database engine now even if you have 32-bit Office.  You can try at the Microsoft site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920 and then select the x64 engine.  If it allows you to install it, the 64-bit ODBC driver should be able to access the 32-bit Office products, including Excel.  

Of course, there is the alternative of using the Excel Import Wizard to bring the table in, and then the JMP Query Builder (tables menu) to do queries on it after import.

Brian

DSA
DSA
Level III

Thanks for the alternatives Brian.
The 64 bit driver wants me to uninstall all 32bit office stuff before it can run, so it does not seem to work unfortunately.

I have considered and tested the other alternatives, but it gets a bit too complicated and slow to do to that since i am both doing heavy filtering and calculations in the sql statements...

Thanks,
Daniel