cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nrodrig1
Level III

Insert values from a table into a list then use list to select rows from another table

Hi,

I want to select valeus from one table to select values in another table. I'm doing this by trying to put all the row valeus into a list. Then use that list to select where. I'm hung up on the part where i'm putting the row values into my list.

Any help would be great:

UnqDscrptns << set name( "UnqDscrptns" );

MyList_1 = {};

For( i = 1, i <= N Rows( UnqDscrptns ), i++,
	Insert Into( MyList_1, Column( 1 ) )
);

There's more code but my work computer that has JMP isnt' letting me signon to JMP community. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Insert values from a table into a list then use list to select rows from another table

I have no idea where you are getting this syntax from but it is wrong. It seems like you are trying random syntax or syntax from another computer language. I suggest that you see Help > Books > Scripting Guide for a background in JSL syntax.

Try this:

MyList_1 = Column( Data Table( "UnqDscrptns" ), 1 ) << Get Values;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Insert values from a table into a list then use list to select rows from another table

Try this:

MyList_1 = Column( 1 ) << Get Values;
nrodrig1
Level III

Thanks you! This is very close. but i have two tables and it seems to make
the list from the table I don't want. There are two tables open I want to
get it from the table called "UnqDscrptns". I tried a few things like:
MyList_1=datatable("UnqDscrptns").column(1)<< Get values;
and
MyList_1=datatable("UnqDscrptns",column(1))<< Get values;

I have no idea where you are getting this syntax from but it is wrong. It seems like you are trying random syntax or syntax from another computer language. I suggest that you see Help > Books > Scripting Guide for a background in JSL syntax.

Try this:

MyList_1 = Column( Data Table( "UnqDscrptns" ), 1 ) << Get Values;

nrodrig1
Level III

Thank youuu!
yes, i was trying random syntax... i apologize i was getting frustrated with my work computer and probably didn't spend enough time in the scripting guide.