BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RVhydrA

Community Trekker

Apr 3, 2015

I have lost the ability to drag and drop columns in graph builder.

Out of the blue I have lost the ability to drag and drop into graph builder.  Any thoughts? Is there a toggle for this?

4 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Re: I have lost the ability to drag and drop columns in graph builder.

That sounds weird.

Can you give us some more details on exactly what's happening?

What version of JMP are you using? What are you trying to drag and drop? Which part of the drag and drop operation is failing, the drag (i.e., you can't pick up what you want) or the drop (i.e., it won't go where you want it)?

Do you get an error message? Is this happening with all Graph Builder platforms or only after you've built a specific graph?

-Jeff

-Jeff
park123

New Contributor

Aug 2, 2018

I know this post is old, but I am facing similar problem today. It was working fine and suddenly I have lost my ability to drag & drop in graph builder. So when you click on variable and try to drag it, it does not work. Instead you get a hand symbol which when you take it near axis, it shows message click here to place the variable. Its find for since x & Y parameter but no option if you want multiple varibles on Y axis. I tried mulitiple time restarting JMP, but no luck. 

When I right click on Y axis (before placing any varible) and trying to click on properties, it gives and error for JMP exception and crashes. I am using JMP 12 from server. 

Any help would be great. 

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

That still sounds weird.

Please contact Tech Support. They are best positioned to try to figure out what's going on here.

-Jeff
park123

New Contributor

Aug 2, 2018

Thank you.