cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

I am copying graphs (distribution analysis) from JMP reports into Word. I then need to convert to pdf. The graphs lose axis and tick labels.

I've tried saving the JMP report in many formats before copying,  but to no avail.  When it converts to pdf, the axis and tick labels are gone.

Anyone seen this before and have a solution?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: I am copying graphs (distribution analysis) from JMP reports into Word. I then need to convert to pdf. The graphs lose axis and tick labels.

Hello Michael,

In order to try and duplicate your issue more detailed information is needed such as version of JMP, Operating System and MS Office version. In addition you can also utilize support@jmp.com if you so desire.

Re: I am copying graphs (distribution analysis) from JMP reports into Word. I then need to convert to pdf. The graphs lose axis and tick labels.

Thanks for your note Lou.

JMP: 11.1.1 MSWord: 2007 Adobe Acrobat: 9 Pro

I was in touch with JMP support. They mentioned the Selection tool, but seemed to be heading towards getting the output as a pdf.

However, the Selection tool led to a way that’s working when I use that tool.

I notice with the tool that individual parts of graph can be selected. I select all of the desired elements (axes, labels, graph), then Copy , and in Word: Paste Special (PNG). I can size the picture consistently in Format picture, and the picture renders correctly to the pdf.

The downside is that the resolution with the PNG is not as good as I get using Copy Graph.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Michael

pmroz
Super User

JMP folks have always recommended using Paste Special/Windows Enhanced Metafile when pasting into Word or Powerpoint.  Looks identical when first pasted, but when you stretch the graph it looks better using EMF.

Thanks. I can try that for better appearance. The selection tool seemed to be the key to getting correct rendering directly from Word.

louv
Staff (Retired)

Michael,

If I am on a Mac JMP 11.2 and I use the selection tool and paste into Word I choose Paste Special and get the following dialog where I choose pdf to get good results.

6893_Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 1.14.36 PM.png

In Windows with JMP 11.2 I use the selection tool and the Paste Special and get the following choices where I select Enhanced Metafile

6894_Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 1.20.38 PM.png

In addition there are some blogs (links below) on getting publication quality graphics that are very helpful with this topic.

Print-ready graphics from JMP revisited

http://blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2013/09/30/publication-quality-graphics-from-jmp-workflow-for-mac-u...

Hope this helps