cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
the_qrv
Level I

How to update add-ins?

Hi,

I would like to inquire on how to update a previously installed add-in. I have updated the script, so I wanted to update the add-in accordingly. Apologies if this had already been asked previously. Thanks a lot for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric_Hill
Staff

Re: How to update add-ins?

Hey, the_qrv,

Presumably, your add-in's script was initially packaged up in a .jmpaddin file along with an addin.def file and possibly an addin.jmpcust file, is that right?  Your best bet, especially if you are distributing this add-in to others, is to take the updated script along with the original addin.def and addin.jmpcust files, assuming they have not needed to change, and zip the files back up into a .jmpaddin file (which is a .zip file whose extension has been changed to .jmpaddin).  When you (or others) open that .jmpaddin file in JMP, JMP will ask you if you want to re-install the add-in, and if you say Yes, JMP will write the new version of the add-in files over the old ones.

Hope that helps,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Hill
Staff

Hey, the_qrv,

Presumably, your add-in's script was initially packaged up in a .jmpaddin file along with an addin.def file and possibly an addin.jmpcust file, is that right?  Your best bet, especially if you are distributing this add-in to others, is to take the updated script along with the original addin.def and addin.jmpcust files, assuming they have not needed to change, and zip the files back up into a .jmpaddin file (which is a .zip file whose extension has been changed to .jmpaddin).  When you (or others) open that .jmpaddin file in JMP, JMP will ask you if you want to re-install the add-in, and if you say Yes, JMP will write the new version of the add-in files over the old ones.

Hope that helps,

Eric

the_qrv
Level I

Thanks Eric for the help!!!