cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PValueEnemy
Level II

How to translate text-column in another language to English?

Hi!

I have a column of responses from a survey and they are in German. Name this column as german_reply, is it possible to create a new column, namely translated_reply, that automatic translates the content in german_reply to English?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to translate text-column in another language to English?

I don't think JMP has any translation capabilities like that but you could do this with some translation API service and write a script to perform the translation (or you could use Formula but do not let it evaluate more than once). You might be able to perform the translation for example in Word (or something similar) and then move the data back to JMP.  Also depending on your data, it is always good to be careful on which service you use if the data should not be shared / moved outside of your country.

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: How to translate text-column in another language to English?

I don't think JMP has any translation capabilities like that but you could do this with some translation API service and write a script to perform the translation (or you could use Formula but do not let it evaluate more than once). You might be able to perform the translation for example in Word (or something similar) and then move the data back to JMP.  Also depending on your data, it is always good to be careful on which service you use if the data should not be shared / moved outside of your country.

-Jarmo