Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

How to split a data table in two

I'd like to randomly select 75% of my rows and save that to one data table and save the other random 25% of my rows to a second data table.  Can this be accomplished in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ms
Super User ms
Super User

Re: How to split a data table in two

Here is one way to do it interactively:

1. Select 75% of rows by entering 0.75 in Rows -> Row Selection -> Select Randomly...

2. Make a subset of these 75% by selecting Tables -> Subset (check Selected rows and All columns in he Subset dialog)

3. Activate the original table (with the 75% still selected) and choose Rows -> Delete Rows to get rid of these rows and keep the remaining 25%.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
ms
Super User ms
Super User

Re: How to split a data table in two

Here is one way to do it interactively:

1. Select 75% of rows by entering 0.75 in Rows -> Row Selection -> Select Randomly...

2. Make a subset of these 75% by selecting Tables -> Subset (check Selected rows and All columns in he Subset dialog)

3. Activate the original table (with the 75% still selected) and choose Rows -> Delete Rows to get rid of these rows and keep the remaining 25%.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: How to split a data table in two

Thank you!  That was very easy.

Article Labels

    There are no labels assigned to this post.