cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to split a data table in two

I'd like to randomly select 75% of my rows and save that to one data table and save the other random 25% of my rows to a second data table.  Can this be accomplished in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to split a data table in two

Here is one way to do it interactively:

1. Select 75% of rows by entering 0.75 in Rows -> Row Selection -> Select Randomly...

2. Make a subset of these 75% by selecting Tables -> Subset (check Selected rows and All columns in he Subset dialog)

3. Activate the original table (with the 75% still selected) and choose Rows -> Delete Rows to get rid of these rows and keep the remaining 25%.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Here is one way to do it interactively:

1. Select 75% of rows by entering 0.75 in Rows -> Row Selection -> Select Randomly...

2. Make a subset of these 75% by selecting Tables -> Subset (check Selected rows and All columns in he Subset dialog)

3. Activate the original table (with the 75% still selected) and choose Rows -> Delete Rows to get rid of these rows and keep the remaining 25%.

Thank you!  That was very easy.