cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vs90
Level III

How to show progress bar instead of internediate tables opening and closing

Hello,

I have created a script to automate the process of generating the control limits table and it requires lot of intermediate tables to join and concatenate. While I don't need these tables and charts from where generating limits initially,  I'm able to close charts without displaying it on screen but these tables do pop up and close and it's quite weird.

Instead of showing these tables popping up every now and then I want to show progress bar which also I have scripted by searching online.

But I'm not able to figure out where to place this script in main script window to get rid of those data tables.

The loop to call this progress bar will be the one which is calling "main" function but where in "result_win" of "calc" function??

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Sorry for inconvenience if I have created any sort of confusion. I'm a new bee so still exploring JMP!!

New working Code attached which shows the progress bar instead of popping tables. Thanks @PMROZ for valuable inputs though I forgot to implement the 2nd suggestion of yours in this though it's quite self-explanatory.

4 REPLIES 4
pmroz
Super User

Re: How to show progress bar instead of internediate tables opening and closing

Hi vs90,

I have a few suggestions that might help suppress some of the "flashy thingy" effect.

1. When you create the summary tables include the invisible keyword.  E.g.

param_summ=param_dt<<Summary(invisible,

Group(:Group By,:Process,:Sample Label,:By)

);//creating summary of parameter file as parameters are mentioned thrice for different charts.

2. In your main function include the invisible keyword in the first summary.  Also sort the table in place so you're not creating another table

summary_dt=inp_dt<<Summary(invisible,

Group(As Name(col1),As Name(col2),As Name(col3),As Name(col4))

);//creating summary from input file based on the columns passed by parameter summary table

summary_dt<<Sort(

By(As Name(col3)),Order(Ascending), replace table

);//sorting based on date column

3. Instead of using the progress bar, try using the caption function at strategic points to tell the user what's going on.  For example:

caption("Doing step 1");

wait(0);

// some code here

caption("Doing step 2");

wait(0);

// more code

caption(remove);

wait(0);

The wait(0) is needed to force JSL to "catch up" to your code.

vs90
Level III

Thanks for the suggestion PMroz!! I'm trying what you have suggested to use caption() but still those tables flashes.

What i'll do is dig a bit more into caption so that if I can manipulate more with it and post ASAP here.

I really appreciate your efforts though.

vs90
Level III

PMroz Got some success while adding few more <<Show Window(0) message but still 8 tables being created initially is popping up. Will post as soon as I get rid of them as well.

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Very slick, thanks for sharing.  I have made some visual customizations and added a cancel button.  Your script is doing a lot more, but this is just the simple progress bar for anyone who wants it.