cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to set different overlay markers on a line chart with multiple lines?

Hi,

Using the Chart function on JMP, I've plotted multiple lines from several different data sets on a single chart. It seems that JMP's default setting is to distinguish between the different lines/data sets by making each line a different color. I want each line to be black (which I know how to accomplish) and for each line to be distinguished by different overlay markers. The problem is that even though I've selected different markers for each line, when I select "show points," the lines all show a generic blue circular marker. I can get the distinct markers to show up only if I turn "connect points" off, but then I only have points and no lines. How the heck do I get both the distinct markers and black lines to appear together on the chart?
1 REPLY 1
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Re: How to set different overlay markers on a line chart with multiple lines?

Have you tried using Overlay Plot instead of Chart? The behavior you want is pretty much what Overlay Plot does by default.