cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RVhydrA
Level III

How to set defaults in Fit Model reports (VIF, cp, etc..)

I am doing a lot of model building (using fit model - stepwise/best subsets regression) right now and am tired of having to manually choose certain output display items such as to show the VIF in my paremeter estimates.  How to I set the VIF to default appear each time I run a new model.  Also, I am largely using mallows cp to begin my model selection.  each time I open up a new fit model and run it I have to right click to display mallows cp as a column, and then sort the columns based on cp values in an ascending order to view the lowest at the top.  I am then repeatedly having to chose to open several row diagnostic reports such as residuals by predicted plots, actual by predicted, and durbin watson test.  Doing this once, twice, or even ten times isn't a problem but for the number of models I am running is there any way to set these all at defaults in the report?  I have looked in preferences where I normally go to set defaults but do not see it.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to set defaults in Fit Model reports (VIF, cp, etc..)

Not all items are available through preferences. Many are. Based on what you have provided, I will make a guess on the proper location for you. Go to Preferences. Choose Platforms. Choose Fit Least Squares (this is my guess on the type of modeling you are doing). You should see many checkboxes off to the right. I believe all of the things you mentioned are there, so check those boxes and then OK.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Have you taken a look at the various JMP Preferences for Fit (your modeling method) in the JMP Preferences Platform group?

The plot is availalble directly in the fitting platform. Click the red triangle next to Response and select Row Diagnostics > Plot Residual by Row or Durbin-Watson. If these results are what you seek, then Peter told you how to make them a preference of yours.

RVhydrA
Level III

I can't find the defaults that I specified in my orginial post in preferences.  I have looked through every possible category in preferences under platforms and have had no luck.  In terms of selecting plot residuals by predicted, durbin-watson test, etc.. I know how to find those under the red triangle.  My question was how do I set those to plot as a default so I dont have to navigate through all of those things 50 times a day each time I run a new model.  Thanks!

Not all items are available through preferences. Many are. Based on what you have provided, I will make a guess on the proper location for you. Go to Preferences. Choose Platforms. Choose Fit Least Squares (this is my guess on the type of modeling you are doing). You should see many checkboxes off to the right. I believe all of the things you mentioned are there, so check those boxes and then OK.

Dan Obermiller