cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Olga
Level I

How to select independent variable in mixed model (jmp 13)

Hello,

I'm trying to run a mixed model in jmp 13 (not jmp pro) and need to add an independent variable. Does anyone know how to do this after selecting a "Fit Model" option?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to select independent variable in mixed model (jmp 13)

The independent variable (or predictor, feature, or factor) is represented by a data column in your data table. Try this:

• Select Analyze > Fit Model.
  • Select the column for the independent variable.
  • Click Add. (Note that you can make any linear predictor that you might need using Add, Cross, or one of the Macros with the Degree value.)
  • If this term is meant to be a random effect, then select it in the Effects list, click the red triangle next to Attributes, and select Random.

This sequence will force JMP to use REML to estimate the parameters including the variance components.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ian_jmp
Staff

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I have understood your specific question. Perhaps this helps.

The independent variable (or predictor, feature, or factor) is represented by a data column in your data table. Try this:

• Select Analyze > Fit Model.
  • Select the column for the independent variable.
  • Click Add. (Note that you can make any linear predictor that you might need using Add, Cross, or one of the Macros with the Degree value.)
  • If this term is meant to be a random effect, then select it in the Effects list, click the red triangle next to Attributes, and select Random.

This sequence will force JMP to use REML to estimate the parameters including the variance components.

Olga
Level I

Thank you very much for your replies!