cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hkamel
Level I

How to save Graphs and other output

I am still having to recreate graphs and save them in an Excel file.  Why is this is script thing so difficult.  I cannot save the graph in JMP file.  When I reopen it, it is gone.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graphs

You appear to be having some negative transfer issues moving from Minitab to JMP.  The issue you seem to be having an issue with is that in Minitab, If a graph is open in Minitab, and you close the session, when you reopen the Minitab project, the graph will be regenerated.  In JMP, if you have the preference set to save your current session when you close JMP, the graphs will be regenerated automatically when you start the session up again.  This is set under the General tab under the pull down menu

File==>Preferences

One of the real advantages in JMP, is the ability to save the scripts from the different analysis platforms that one runs.  If you save them to the data table, and then save that data table, you will always have them available in the future.  When you reopen that table, you can rerun any of the applications you ran by simply clicking on the saved script.  This is a very powerful feature.

Jim

View solution in original post

Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Another possible work flow is to save your work to a JMP journal. Think of a JMP journal as a lab notebook into which you can deposit just about anything. Free form text, images, hot links to web sites, or JMP data tables, and on and on. Then your graphs will never go away as long as you save them somewhere in your workflow to a journal. Here's a link to the JMP online documentation for JMP Journals:

http://www.jmp.com/support/help/13-2/JMP_Journals.shtml

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

You appear to be having some negative transfer issues moving from Minitab to JMP.  The issue you seem to be having an issue with is that in Minitab, If a graph is open in Minitab, and you close the session, when you reopen the Minitab project, the graph will be regenerated.  In JMP, if you have the preference set to save your current session when you close JMP, the graphs will be regenerated automatically when you start the session up again.  This is set under the General tab under the pull down menu

File==>Preferences

One of the real advantages in JMP, is the ability to save the scripts from the different analysis platforms that one runs.  If you save them to the data table, and then save that data table, you will always have them available in the future.  When you reopen that table, you can rerun any of the applications you ran by simply clicking on the saved script.  This is a very powerful feature.

Jim
hkamel
Level I

I appreciate the feedback.  I am sure it will get easier once I get use to it. 

Regards,

H Kamel

pmroz
Super User

I've been using JMP for a long time, and I experienced something similar when I had to use Minitab for a project (i.e. I found Minitab hard to use).  It comes down to what you're used to.  I think that as you get to know the JMP product you'll appreciate what it can do for you.

Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Another possible work flow is to save your work to a JMP journal. Think of a JMP journal as a lab notebook into which you can deposit just about anything. Free form text, images, hot links to web sites, or JMP data tables, and on and on. Then your graphs will never go away as long as you save them somewhere in your workflow to a journal. Here's a link to the JMP online documentation for JMP Journals:

http://www.jmp.com/support/help/13-2/JMP_Journals.shtml