cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wr
wr
Level II

How to replace outline box in journal

I have journal with a series of outline boxes (these are my "section" boxes). Each section box further contains bulleted text ("introduction to analysis") followed by an outline box (that contains JMP platform results), which is followed by bulleted text (discussion and conclusion). How would you replace the outline box that contains JMP platform results? Once I delete this outline box, I can only find JSL commands to either append or prepend to the section box.  Is there a command to replace an outline box (without having to reference the texteditbox, which could change) ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to replace outline box in journal

If you create an outline box with no title, that then contains the analysis, you can delete the contents of the analysis, and replace it with a new object by appending to the "No Title" outline box

notitle=outline box("",

biv=bivariate(x(.....),y(......)

);

biv(report)[<< delete;

biv=bivariate........

notitle<<append(biv(report));

This is a rough conceptual idea of what you could do

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

What do you want to replace it with?

-Dave
txnelson
Super User

If you create an outline box with no title, that then contains the analysis, you can delete the contents of the analysis, and replace it with a new object by appending to the "No Title" outline box

notitle=outline box("",

biv=bivariate(x(.....),y(......)

);

biv(report)[<< delete;

biv=bivariate........

notitle<<append(biv(report));

This is a rough conceptual idea of what you could do

Jim
wr
wr
Level II

David, I was trying to replace the original outline box with an updated outline box (created by running the same platform analysis on updated data). Txnelson, I like your idea but I was trying to see if I could avoid the no-title outline box.

After playing around some more, I found the << Sib Prepend message which allowed me to find the name of the sibling to the outline box that I was replacing and then prepend the new outline box to the sibling.

Thanks both.