cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

How to replace double quotes in string

All, 

This seems to be fairly simple but extremely frustrating task . How do I replace quotation marks in a string . 

Let us say , I have the following columns ( Inv 01 , Inv 02 ... Inv 26) . 

So, I acquired the column names and built a condition like so : 

Stmt = "";
for(i = 1, i <= N Items(InvColNames), i++,
        If(i == 1,
               Stmt = ":" || InvColNames[i] || " >= 1 &" || ":" || InvColNames[i] || " <= InvLimit" ;
               Stmt = Stmt || " & " || ":" || InvColNames[i] || ">= 1 &" || ":" || InvColNames[i] || " <= InvLimit"  ; 
          ) ;
    );
":Inv 01 >= 1 &:Inv 01 <= InvLimit & :Inv 02>= 1 &:Inv 02 <= InvLimit & :Inv 03>= 1 &:Inv 03 <= InvLimit" 
Stmt = Substitute(Stmt, "\!"", ""); 
InvStatusExpr = Expr(dt_Inp << New Column("Status_Inv",Numeric,Continuous,Formula(Expr(Stmt))));
Eval(Eval Expr(InvStatusExpr));

I wish to them use the condition I built as an expression and define a condition . The problem though is in its current form , since the "Stmt" I built is enveloped in double quotes, it is being evaluated as a string and the statement I built is being populated into the new column. 

If someone can show me a simple way to replace double quotes in a string and get this to work , I would appreciate the help . 

6-19-2017 3-41-33 PM.png

Best 

Uday 

Best
Uday
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to replace double quotes in string

Eval( Parse( Eval Insert( will get you out of trouble when you are really stuck but should be a last resort as the code is hard to debug.

Basically you are inserting your string as text into the desired JSL and than evaluating the JSL. The ^^ tells the Insert Command where to work.

Eval( Parse( Eval Insert("\[ dt_Inp << New Column("Status_Inv",Numeric,Continuous,Formula(^Stmt^)); ]\" ) ) );

This is called dynamic JSL which can be very powerful.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to replace double quotes in string

Eval( Parse( Eval Insert( will get you out of trouble when you are really stuck but should be a last resort as the code is hard to debug.

Basically you are inserting your string as text into the desired JSL and than evaluating the JSL. The ^^ tells the Insert Command where to work.

Eval( Parse( Eval Insert("\[ dt_Inp << New Column("Status_Inv",Numeric,Continuous,Formula(^Stmt^)); ]\" ) ) );

This is called dynamic JSL which can be very powerful.