cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AlexS
Level III

How to remove/hide the sigma message at the bottom of a control chart?

Hello all

I have a formatting issue where at the bottom of a Control Chart i have a message with "Note Sigma was specified during launch" in the bottom left hand corner. If I right click I can select to hide it. Unfortunately i have many charts with the same message.

My question is

Is this available through preferences to not display this message? If no, is there any other alternative?

thank you

Alex is the name, Power BI/ SQL /JMP is my game
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to remove/hide the sigma message at the bottom of a control chart?

The solution provided addresses your request, but I avoid using the << Delete message most of the time because removing this object might produce unforeseen and undesirable side effects. You can also solve your request with a message to hide the object.

report(cc)[TextBox(3)] << Visibility( "Collapse" );

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Here is a simple example of how to programmatically delete the text

txnelson_0-1623234818680.png

names default to here(1);
dt=open("$sample_data/big class.jmp");
cc = Control Chart( Sample Label( :age ), KSigma( 3 ), Chart Col( :height, XBar, R ) );
report(cc)[TextBox(3)]<<delete;

Jim
AlexS
Level III

For one chart it works but i need it for multiple IR control charts with limits.

I use limits using Individual Measurement, Show zones and Test 1,2,3,5 with Sigma, Avg, LCL and UCL  it produces many IR Control Charts based on the limits for each individual measurement the output on the chart in bottom left gives me the sigma message.

any ideas how to approach it with multiple columns and limits? 

thanks

txnelson
Super User

If you could provide the script and/or an image of the output it would help in determining the best way to reference the Text Boxes that need to be delete/hidden

Manipulation of the Display Tree output is documented in the Scripting Guide.  I recommend that you read that document so that you can understand why the statement works to delete the text box.  You probably could get a pretty good idea on what it would take to delete all of them also.

Jim

The solution provided addresses your request, but I avoid using the << Delete message most of the time because removing this object might produce unforeseen and undesirable side effects. You can also solve your request with a message to hide the object.

report(cc)[TextBox(3)] << Visibility( "Collapse" );

AlexS
Level III

I apologise I’ve not received email updates on this post, I will try this and update as necessary. Thanks!