cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
a01
a01
Level II

How to remove custom cell colors?

In JMP I find that if I add cell colors by selecting the cells, right clicking, and doing "Color Cells", then there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the colorings.  Even if I try to use the "Color or Mark by Column" function or the "Value Colors" property to change the colorings of the cells, it seems to be unable to overwrite the custom colorings.  Doing "Clear Row States" does not get rid of the custom colorings.  Isn't there a way to remove the custom cell colorings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: How to remove custom cell colors?

It's a little buried, but: http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Data_Tables.shtml says that you can set the color to 'black' (top left in the color grid) to remove the custom color. I assume this also works via JSL, but didn't try that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ian_jmp
Staff

It's a little buried, but: http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Data_Tables.shtml says that you can set the color to 'black' (top left in the color grid) to remove the custom color. I assume this also works via JSL, but didn't try that.

mikedriscoll
Level VI

A little late to the party, but the one exception to the above I found is that if you color all of the cells in a column in one operation (select 1 or more columns, select ALL rows, right click and color), then add a new row, you'll see the new row has inherited the column's color.  You can successfully change any cell or group of cells in this column to any other color, but when you try to color it black again, it goes to whatever color you initially selected when you colored the whole column. I got around this by coloring the cells white. It is not exactly the same but for my purposes is close enough.

If you highlight the first half of the rows and color it red, then the 2nd half and color it red, this doesn't happen.

The above is true whether you do it in a script or via the right click menu.