cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GN19
Level I

How to receive numerical input from user, save as a variable and use variable in control chart builder as the set control limits

Hello, I am looking for a way to collect 6 numerical entries from a user at the beginning of a script. These 6 numbers need to be saved as variable which I am hoping to reference later as Levey Jennings control chart limits. 

using the code below works with numbers but would like to change to reference the variables which have been set instead. 

<Set Control Limits( {LCL( a ), UCL( b ), Avg( c )} )>

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to receive numerical input from user, save as a variable and use variable in control chart builder as the set control limits

This question has been asked an answered multiple times withing the Community Discussion.  I suggest that you search the previous discussions.

I also strongly suggest that you read the Scripting Guide.  It contains documentation on the JMP Application Builder and window building that will be used in the development of your request.

Here is a simple script to get you started

Names Default To Here( 1 );
nw = New Window( "input",
	modal,
	Lineup Box( N Col( 2 ),
		Text Box( "input 1 " ),
		ne1 = Number Edit Box( . ),
		Text Box( "input 2 " ),
		ne2 = Number Edit Box( . ),
		Text Box( "input 3 " ),
		ne3 = Number Edit Box( . ),
		Text Box( "input 4 " ),
		ne4 = Number Edit Box( . ),
		Text Box( "input 5 " ),
		ne5 = Number Edit Box( . ),
		Text Box( "input 6 " ),
		ne6 = Number Edit Box( . )
	),
	bb = Button Box( "OK",
		val1 = ne1 << get;
		val2 = ne2 << get;
		val3 = ne3 << get;
		val4 = ne4 << get;
		val5 = ne5 << get;
		val6 = ne6 << get;
	)
);
Show( val1, val2, val3, val4, val5, val6 );
Jim
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: How to receive numerical input from user, save as a variable and use variable in control chart builder as the set control limits

To dig a little deeper, see Modal Dialogs  which uses an alternate way to retrieve the values.

Craige