cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rijking
Level II

How to prevent NA being treated as Missing Value Code by column compression?

I have a large JSL script that uses column compression several times to keep file sizes managable: 

dt << Compress Selected Columns();

My issue is that for columns (both ordinal and nominal) where I have values such as "a","b","c","d","NA", the compression function removes the "NA" values, I assume because it treats them as a Missing Value Code. However, I require the "NA" to remain as it is used in subsequent functions. How can I prevent this, whilst still running the compression?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to prevent NA being treated as Missing Value Code by column compression?

Look in column info for the missing value codes and remove NA
Jim
rijking
Level II

Re: How to prevent NA being treated as Missing Value Code by column compression?

@txnelson Thanks, but NA isn't listed as a missing value code in column info for at least some of the relevant columns. As I'm creating a large number of columns with JSL it's not practical to manually check/adjust each. Can this be scripted or can missing value codes be globally defined using JSL?