cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Hönig52
Level I

How to permanently tag specific data points in graphs over different data tables

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the tagging of specific data points in graph (GraphBuilder script). I would like to find an easier way, and maybe you can help. In the following, I describe how I usually do that.

I usually import Excel data tables to JMP when new data is added (cumulative).

With the new generated JMP table, I first copy the GraphBuilder scripts from the previous JMP data table and paste them in the new one.

In the JMP table, I need to tag specific data points and label them with the text stated in e.g. “column A“ for the specific row. I usually would do it like that:

JMP-data table:

• First, I sort according to the names stated in “column A”,
  • Then, I tag all needed columns for the data points which need to be tagged in the graph

Script (graph):

• I pin the tag to the specific tagged data point and rename it with the text stated in the specific row in “column A”

• Of course, this I need to do this for every row (data point) I am interested to tag in the graph.

My questions:

• Can this workflow somehow be done easier? E.g. over the column properties (in “column A”), e.g. automatic labelling / tagging of the data points in the graph script?
  • When I import the new excel data in a new JMP table, can the already tagged data points from the previous data table be imported? If yes how?

My JMP version: JMP 17.0.0

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: How to permanently tag specific data points in graphs over different data tables

Have you tried how far you could get with Workflow builder Workflow Builder (jmp.com) for the automatization?

-Jarmo
Hönig52
Level I

Re: How to permanently tag specific data points in graphs over different data tables

Hi Jarmo,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have seen this possibility but did not use it yet. I'll try out.