cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
twaintwist
Level III

How to overlay line plot on top of side-by-side bar chart?

I'd like to be able to create a chart like this2572_defect-arrival.png   but I don't know how to overlay the line with the side-by-side bars -----     I have the data formatted to plot the line and I have a graph builder script to plot the line....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: How to overlay line plot on top of side-by-side bar chart?

Here's a quick example DT.

2598_inoutnet.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XanGregg
Staff

In Graph Builder use Date as X and use Active, Arrival, and Kill as Y. Then turn on both the Bar element and the Line element. Now you'll have three sets of bars and three lines. Right-click in the graphs and under each element's submenu use the Y menu to turn off the Ys that don't apply to that element.

2595_barline.png

twaintwist
Level III

xan --- thanks for the help ----    I'm still having trouble producing the graph ----   perhaps my datatable is not setup properly?

Could you provide a very brief table that would produce the chart?

In my table I have a date column, and a column for the number of defects that 'arrived' for  each date     and a column for the number of defects 'killed' for each data....

XanGregg
Staff

Here's a quick example DT.

2598_inoutnet.png

twaintwist
Level III

Xan,

Thanks ----  this made it clear ---- I was dragging In/out/Net to the right Y-axis and couldn't get it to work ---- but dragging to the left Y-axis worked....