cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
twaintwist
Level III

How to overlay line plot on top of side-by-side bar chart?

I'd like to be able to create a chart like this2572_defect-arrival.png   but I don't know how to overlay the line with the side-by-side bars -----     I have the data formatted to plot the line and I have a graph builder script to plot the line....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: How to overlay line plot on top of side-by-side bar chart?

Here's a quick example DT.

2598_inoutnet.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XanGregg
Staff

In Graph Builder use Date as X and use Active, Arrival, and Kill as Y. Then turn on both the Bar element and the Line element. Now you'll have three sets of bars and three lines. Right-click in the graphs and under each element's submenu use the Y menu to turn off the Ys that don't apply to that element.

2595_barline.png

twaintwist
Level III

xan --- thanks for the help ----    I'm still having trouble producing the graph ----   perhaps my datatable is not setup properly?

Could you provide a very brief table that would produce the chart?

In my table I have a date column, and a column for the number of defects that 'arrived' for  each date     and a column for the number of defects 'killed' for each data....

XanGregg
Staff

Here's a quick example DT.

2598_inoutnet.png

twaintwist
Level III

Xan,

Thanks ----  this made it clear ---- I was dragging In/out/Net to the right Y-axis and couldn't get it to work ---- but dragging to the left Y-axis worked....