cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jump
Level II

How to open an addin file for editing?

how do i  open an addin file for editing?

i want to add sub menu and sub commans to my existing addin. I do not see an option for opening a already saved addin.

can someone help me with this?

Prasen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric_Hill
Staff

Re: How to open an addin file for editing?

Hey, Prasen,

Yes, you can re-open an existing add-in into Add-In Builder, but it's a little hidden.  If you do File > Open and navigate to the .jmpaddin file and select, then look at the Open button at the bottom of the dialog - it is a "split" button with an arrow that brings up a menu.  On that menu is an option to re-open the add-in in Add-In Builder.

7436_reopen_addin.png

This assumes you are running on Windows.  On the Mac, I believe there is a check box you can check to re-open in Add-In Builder.

HTH,

Eric

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Hill
Staff

Re: How to open an addin file for editing?

Hey, Prasen,

Yes, you can re-open an existing add-in into Add-In Builder, but it's a little hidden.  If you do File > Open and navigate to the .jmpaddin file and select, then look at the Open button at the bottom of the dialog - it is a "split" button with an arrow that brings up a menu.  On that menu is an option to re-open the add-in in Add-In Builder.

7436_reopen_addin.png

This assumes you are running on Windows.  On the Mac, I believe there is a check box you can check to re-open in Add-In Builder.

HTH,

Eric