cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jump
Level II

How to open an addin file for editing?

how do i  open an addin file for editing?

i want to add sub menu and sub commans to my existing addin. I do not see an option for opening a already saved addin.

can someone help me with this?

Prasen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric_Hill
Staff

Re: How to open an addin file for editing?

Hey, Prasen,

Yes, you can re-open an existing add-in into Add-In Builder, but it's a little hidden.  If you do File > Open and navigate to the .jmpaddin file and select, then look at the Open button at the bottom of the dialog - it is a "split" button with an arrow that brings up a menu.  On that menu is an option to re-open the add-in in Add-In Builder.

7436_reopen_addin.png

This assumes you are running on Windows.  On the Mac, I believe there is a check box you can check to re-open in Add-In Builder.

HTH,

Eric

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Hill
Staff

Re: How to open an addin file for editing?

Hey, Prasen,

Yes, you can re-open an existing add-in into Add-In Builder, but it's a little hidden.  If you do File > Open and navigate to the .jmpaddin file and select, then look at the Open button at the bottom of the dialog - it is a "split" button with an arrow that brings up a menu.  On that menu is an option to re-open the add-in in Add-In Builder.

7436_reopen_addin.png

This assumes you are running on Windows.  On the Mac, I believe there is a check box you can check to re-open in Add-In Builder.

HTH,

Eric