cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SpectroSci
Level I

How to open a model without requiring re-fitting? Or minimize the opening time for complex model files?

Hi Folks, 

I noticed every time I re-open an existing JMP model file (*.jrp files), it reruns the model fitting. This process can take a long time depending on the amount of data and model complexity (PLS vs. Neural Network). Does anyone have any guidance on if it is possible to save a model in such a way as to eliminate the need for it to refit when opening later? Or is there a more efficient way to save and open model files to reduce the refitting time? 

Example:

Every time I open an existing model file I get the re-fitting pop-up like the one below that can take a long time to re-fit. I have tried the radial option to embed the original data set when saving the model file and that doesn't appear to make any noticeable difference. 

SpectroSci_0-1682002399501.png

My Version:

JMP Pro 17.0.0

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to open a model without requiring re-fitting? Or minimize the opening time for complex model files?

I suggest that you move the report output to a JMP Journal.  If you just move the report output, it will just save the display.  A ..jrp file saves a script, that has to be run to recreate the report output.

Jim

Re: How to open a model without requiring re-fitting? Or minimize the opening time for complex model files?

You might also consider using a JMP Project