cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
matteo_patelmo
Level IV

How to make "private" a data table created from table box

Hello, I'd like to make "private" a data table created from a table box (from Boosted Tree / Column Contributions specifically, but the question is general).  I see from the JSL documentation that the "invisible" option is available directly from the <<make into data table message , but I cannot find instructions about the "private" option.

In general, is it possibile to change the visibility of a data table into private once it's been created?

I'm using JMP 13 Pro.

thanks in advance,

Matteo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to make "private" a data table created from table box

One way would be to use the << Make Data Table(invisible), and then subset that table into a Private table, then finally close the table created with the Make Data Table.

Below is a simple script that directly creates a private table, by pulling the individual parts from the table box and placing them into the new table.  Since the structure of the Column Contributions table is know, this method would be easy to put together.  The only change would be that you wouldn't be pointing to an object called "nw"  but point to the Report() of the Boosted Tree output

Names Default To Here( 1 );
nw = New Window( "A Table Box",
	Outline Box( "Sample Table",
		Table Box(
			String Col Box( "Group", {"Group A", "Group B", "Group C"} ),
			Number Col Box( "Row Num", {1, 2, 3} ),
			Number Col Box( "Value", {54, 67, 29} )
		)
	)
);

dtPrivate = New Table( "The Table", private );
dtPrivate << New Column( (nw[String Col Box( 1 )] << get heading), character, values( nw[String Col Box( 1 )] << get ) );
dtPrivate << New Column( (nw[Number Col Box( 1 )] << get heading), values( nw[Number Col Box( 1 )] << get ) );
dtPrivate << New Column( (nw[Number Col Box( 2 )] << get heading), values( nw[Number Col Box( 2 )] << get ) );
dtPrivate << bivariate( x( :Row Num ), y( :Value ) );
Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

One way would be to use the << Make Data Table(invisible), and then subset that table into a Private table, then finally close the table created with the Make Data Table.

Below is a simple script that directly creates a private table, by pulling the individual parts from the table box and placing them into the new table.  Since the structure of the Column Contributions table is know, this method would be easy to put together.  The only change would be that you wouldn't be pointing to an object called "nw"  but point to the Report() of the Boosted Tree output

Names Default To Here( 1 );
nw = New Window( "A Table Box",
	Outline Box( "Sample Table",
		Table Box(
			String Col Box( "Group", {"Group A", "Group B", "Group C"} ),
			Number Col Box( "Row Num", {1, 2, 3} ),
			Number Col Box( "Value", {54, 67, 29} )
		)
	)
);

dtPrivate = New Table( "The Table", private );
dtPrivate << New Column( (nw[String Col Box( 1 )] << get heading), character, values( nw[String Col Box( 1 )] << get ) );
dtPrivate << New Column( (nw[Number Col Box( 1 )] << get heading), values( nw[Number Col Box( 1 )] << get ) );
dtPrivate << New Column( (nw[Number Col Box( 2 )] << get heading), values( nw[Number Col Box( 2 )] << get ) );
dtPrivate << bivariate( x( :Row Num ), y( :Value ) );
Jim
matteo_patelmo
Level IV

Thanks! the second solution is perfect for my case! I will keep the first one in mind for other uses as well.

Matteo