cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shasheminassab
Level IV

How to make conditional local data filter in dashboard?

I made a dashboard from one of the templates and added a local data filter to it. Unlike local data filters in other platforms (e.g., graph builder), there is no red triangle for the local data filter in the dashboard to make it conditional. Any help is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shasheminassab
Level IV

Re: How to make conditional local data filter in dashboard?

@danschikore @jthi FYI- I contacted JMP support and it appears that the issue I was having is a bug that exists in JMP project. Building the dashboard outside of a project allowed me to add a conditional local data filter.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jthi
Super User

For me it is possible to set the local data filter in dashboard as conditional.

Using this template

jthi_0-1666632342075.png

jthi_1-1666632351063.png

And from red triangle I can set the local data filter to conditional

jthi_3-1666632402829.png

-Jarmo

Hi @shasheminassab -

Try switching into Preview mode from the Dashboard Builder red-triangle menu to fine-tune the filter settings and sizing of the reports.  The Data Filter red-triangle menu will be part of the Tab Page title, as shown below, and should have all of the options available.  If this does not work for you, please let us know which version of JMP you are using and what you see.

Hope that helps!

-Dan

danschikore_0-1666632790612.png

shasheminassab
Level IV

Thanks @danschikore and @jthi for your responses. It looks like I do not see the red triangle only when I try to build a dashboard on my own data table. When I try it on 'San Francisco Crime' data table, the red triangle appears! (see below). I tried it on some other data tables of my own but still the read triangle did not appear! Am I missing something here?! I am using JMP16.

shasheminassab_0-1666659057599.png

Hi @shasheminassab - that is definitely unexpected.  This looks like JMP 16, is that correct?

Do you see the same result if you use the 2x1 Dashboard template?

danschikore_0-1666662246058.png

The Local Data Filter will work in any of the template layouts.  The special thing about the Filter+1 template is that you can use any platform in place of the filter (for example, filter a Graph Builder report by a Contingency platform).

If you can share an anonymized data table with JMP tech support that may help to see what is different about the tables that you are using.

-Dan

shasheminassab
Level IV

Yes, I am using JMP 16.

Yes, I see the same issue using the 2x1 Dashboard template. See below the dashboard in preview mode:

shasheminassab_0-1666715281251.png

I will contact JMP support.

Thanks.

shasheminassab
Level IV

@danschikore @jthi FYI- I contacted JMP support and it appears that the issue I was having is a bug that exists in JMP project. Building the dashboard outside of a project allowed me to add a conditional local data filter.

Thank you for reporting this - the issue has been fixed for future releases of JMP.