cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to let JMP give me a calculated (simplified) prediction equation (with coefficients calculated already)?

When I do a full factorial DOE, and get my model (variables are E and M, y is response).  When I let the model "show prediction expression", it gives me a equation like this:   y=

Leehappyjourney_0-1647118825588.png

This is a not finished equation, it need you to calculate and simplify it further. I don't know why JMP do this weird things like this since for a statistic software, to give a final simplified equation is not a difficult thing, and yet JMP let me to do those further calculation. Even in Minitab, I can get a simplified equation, like y=a*E+b*M+c*EM+d*M*M+e (a~d are coefficients, e is constant).

Does anybody know in JMP, how do you get the calculated (simplified) prediction expression? 

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to let JMP give me a calculated (simplified) prediction equation (with coefficients calculated already)?

I believe this is what you want to do.  If you take the prediction formula from the model and run it through the Simplify Expr() function

Simplify Expr( Expr( 50.5 + 6.25 * ((:E - 17) / 6) + -8.75 * (:M - 4) + ((:E - 17) / 6) * ((:M - 4) * -33.75) ) );

you get

(-314.708333333333) + 23.5416666666667 * :E + 86.875 * :M + -5.625 * :E * :M

Look in the Scripting Index for syntax and an example. 

You can also go to the red triangle in the Formula Editor, and Select Simplify

txnelson_0-1647122472611.png

txnelson_1-1647122515463.png

Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to let JMP give me a calculated (simplified) prediction equation (with coefficients calculated already)?

I attached the DOE JMP file here of my posted question.  

txnelson
Super User

I believe this is what you want to do.  If you take the prediction formula from the model and run it through the Simplify Expr() function

Simplify Expr( Expr( 50.5 + 6.25 * ((:E - 17) / 6) + -8.75 * (:M - 4) + ((:E - 17) / 6) * ((:M - 4) * -33.75) ) );

you get

(-314.708333333333) + 23.5416666666667 * :E + 86.875 * :M + -5.625 * :E * :M

Look in the Scripting Index for syntax and an example. 

You can also go to the red triangle in the Formula Editor, and Select Simplify

txnelson_0-1647122472611.png

txnelson_1-1647122515463.png

Jim

Sorry. I misread the original response. You can ignore this message since I am unable to delete it.

Dan Obermiller

Thank you for your answer.  But my JMP 15 didn't have the simplify choice when I right click (see below picture), and I don't know how to use to script by adding text orders to script.  I don't know how to open the script editor, and I didn't find "how to open script editor" in the help as well. Could you please teach me how to open script editor and add the "Simplify Expr"

function to the script?  Thank you!

bbbbb.JPG

Sorry, I just figured out according to your answer after my last post.  Please forget my last post.

Thank you for your help!