cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CSS
CSS
Level I

How to interpret odds ratio in logistic regression with multiple levels in independent variable?

Hi, 

I am new to JMP and was getting confused in the interpretation of the odds ratio table while conducting a logistic regression. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to interpret odds ratio in logistic regression with multiple levels in independent variable?

It appears as text immediately under the Odds Ratio outline title bar: "For Contol odds of 1 versus 0." The odds are therefore the probability of the response = 1 versus the probably of the response = 0.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to interpret odds ratio in logistic regression with multiple levels in independent variable?

Please show the JMP output that includes these odds ratios. I would include the entire window if possible. It includes diagnostic information as well.

CSS
CSS
Level I

Sure, I have attached a screenshot.

The Age Range effects are not significant. The odds ratios for the Age Range levels are not different from 1.

CSS
CSS
Level I

Thanks for the reply!
I get that, I additionally wanted to know which level (level 1 or level 2) is the reference level here? 

It appears as text immediately under the Odds Ratio outline title bar: "For Contol odds of 1 versus 0." The odds are therefore the probability of the response = 1 versus the probably of the response = 0.