cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bio_grad
Level III

How to hide negative standard error bar for Graph Builder bar chart.

Hello,

I would like to produce a bar chart containing only bars of the means with their associated positive standard error bars. In JMP it seems that both (symmetrical) bars above and below the mean show.

Wondering if there is a way to hide the lower bar.

Thanks,

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to hide negative standard error bar for Graph Builder bar chart.

There is a way. Change the drawing order of objects in the graph so that the bars are drawn on top of the negative error bars, hiding them.

-Create your graph with error bars

-right-click in the graph and choose "Customize..."

-Click on the "Error Bar" item in the selection list, then click the up arrow button to move it up in the drawing order before "Bar".11801_Graph Builder.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

There is a way. Change the drawing order of objects in the graph so that the bars are drawn on top of the negative error bars, hiding them.

-Create your graph with error bars

-right-click in the graph and choose "Customize..."

-Click on the "Error Bar" item in the selection list, then click the up arrow button to move it up in the drawing order before "Bar".11801_Graph Builder.png

bio_grad
Level III

Ah, thanks! Not sure why I did not think of doing that. Cheers!

bio_grad
Level III

Something odd that I noticed is that this hiding technique using the "Customize..." option only works for bars with solid fills (see image below).

Does anyone know if there is a way around this or if this is unintended behaviour?

11835_pastedImage_0.png