cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
miguello
Level VI

How to get rid of unnecessary "Variability Gauge" OutlineBox in Variability Chart?

All, 

Need help with Display Boxes today.

I'm forming a report that I will later save in PPTX for the customer.

Since I want to group several plots on one slide I form an OutlineBox with the text that I want to be the header on the slide and then place a picture of the plots I need into that Outline Box. In parallel, I also display that in a separate window.

Here's the example script:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

vc = Variability Chart(
	Y( :height, weight ),
	X( :sex ),
	Connect Cell Means( 1 ),
	Std Dev Chart( 0 ),
	Points Jittered( 1 )
);

lb = Lineup Box( N Col( 2 ) );
	For Each( {rvc, index}, vc << Report, 
		lb << Append( rvc  );
);
vc << Close Window;

nw = New Window( "Variability Report", Show Menu( 0 ), Show Toolbars( 0 ), lb );
rw = New Window( "To Save PPTX", Show Menu( 0 ), Show Toolbars( 0 ), Outline Box("Heading for PPTX", lb << Get Picture));

Here nw is the window that I see, and rw is the window with pictures that will get exported to PPTX.

Now, when I do variability plots, I have them wrapped in this outline box that just says "Variability Gauge". You see that both windows have it. How do I get rid of it?

I tried to extract the inner Outline Box like this:

lb2 = Lineup Box( N Col( 2 ) );
		subrvc = rvc << XPath("/OutlineBox/OutlineBox");
		lb2 << Append( subrvc  );
);

rw2 = New Window( "To Save PPTX", Show Menu( 0 ), Show Toolbars( 0 ), Outline Box("Heading for PPTX", lb2 << Get Picture));

but I cannot append subrvc (the inner outline box) to my LineUp Box:

Not a display in access or evaluation of 'Append' , Append( subrvc ) /*###*/

Any way to get rid of that outline box? Maybe wrap my plot in something that IS a display, but is essentially invisible? I tried Broder Box but it did not work.

Thanks, 

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
miguello
Level VI

Re: How to get rid of unnecessary "Variability Gauge" OutlineBox in Variability Chart?

Hmmm... As usual, as soon as I post the question, I find the answer. Or at least looks like this should work:

subrvc in the script above is actually not a DisplayBox[OutlineBox], it's an array of them with only one element.

So all I need to do is change script like this:

lb2 << Append( subrvc[1]/*THIS HERE!*/  );
);

rw2 = New Window( "To Save PPTX", Show Menu( 0 ), Show Toolbars( 0 ), Outline Box("Heading for PPTX", lb2 << Get Picture));

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
miguello
Level VI

Re: How to get rid of unnecessary "Variability Gauge" OutlineBox in Variability Chart?

Hmmm... As usual, as soon as I post the question, I find the answer. Or at least looks like this should work:

subrvc in the script above is actually not a DisplayBox[OutlineBox], it's an array of them with only one element.

So all I need to do is change script like this:

lb2 << Append( subrvc[1]/*THIS HERE!*/  );
);