cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Neo
Neo
Level VI

How to get limits from from column and use it for other columns via JSL?

The attached data table has got limits (LSL/USL) for each measured parameter (Current, Resistance) in the respective columns. 

Without changing the data table format, how do I get the limits for each parameter to show as reference lines for example when the Median is plotted vs PartID (as in the script in the attached data table)?

One way I can think of doing this is to save the LSL/USL into the column properties spec limits for each parameter and show them as reference lines, but I need some JSL help for this. This would be my preferred way.

Add Spec Limits () is another option, but I guess, I will need to do this for each measured parameter and  in my actual data (attached is example data) the number of measured parameters is ~50, so this route is not preferable. 

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
11 REPLIES 11
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to get limits from from column and use it for other columns via JSL?

Using the "Show Limits" feature of the Spec Limits, only displays a Blue Solid line.  If you want to display the limits, specifying the color, label, line type, etc. using JSL, you will need to write the code to use the message

obj << add ref line(......);

capabilities.

See the Scripting Index for description and example

Jim
hogi
Level XI

Re: How to get limits from from column and use it for other columns via JSL?

At first it's a bit "disappointing" - why is it not possible to change the color if I use this cool "show limits" feature.

But actually, it's possible - with the GUI. Just use show limits(1) and go to the axis settings.

And on the other hand:

If you want to change the color via JSL - the additional tiny code to add the lines while changing the color doesn't heart too much, right?

One could think about setting the default color/line style in the preferences.
fully automatic - no JSL - no manual change - just lines as you want them.