cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to get current data table's directory?

I use get current directory(); but it works only when i open a fil from menu File->open. If I just open a jmp file by clicking on it and the result of get current directory() is not what is supposed to be.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to get current data table's directory?

This isn't exactly the same question but the answer to one will answer the other: having loaded a data table into JMP, can I determine at a later point in the session where it was loaded from?

I can find this out if I've imported a spreadsheet into a JMP data table, because the path of the spreadsheet is recorded as a table variable, and can be retrieved with:

show(dt << get table variable("Notes"));

However I can't see how to access the same information if the data table was simply saved as a JMP table and then later reloaded. JMP obviously possesses this information, because it knows where to write the file back to if you re-save it. Anyone?
gh
gh
Level III

try get default directory()

it is not current table's path but JMP''s setting.

Anyone? Please.
mattf
Level V

it works. thanks MattF. BTW did JMP launched JMP 9?
jschroedl
Staff

FYI - JMP 9 launched today!!

it is not work when I change to win7. it is always showing wrong path....Would you help on that?
mpb
mpb
Level VII

The "get path()" function MattF mentioned in JMP 9 works in Windows 7.