cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to get current data table's directory?

I use get current directory(); but it works only when i open a fil from menu File->open. If I just open a jmp file by clicking on it and the result of get current directory() is not what is supposed to be.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to get current data table's directory?

This isn't exactly the same question but the answer to one will answer the other: having loaded a data table into JMP, can I determine at a later point in the session where it was loaded from?

I can find this out if I've imported a spreadsheet into a JMP data table, because the path of the spreadsheet is recorded as a table variable, and can be retrieved with:

show(dt << get table variable("Notes"));

However I can't see how to access the same information if the data table was simply saved as a JMP table and then later reloaded. JMP obviously possesses this information, because it knows where to write the file back to if you re-save it. Anyone?
gh
gh
Level III

try get default directory()

it is not current table's path but JMP''s setting.

Anyone? Please.
mattf
Level V

it works. thanks MattF. BTW did JMP launched JMP 9?
jschroedl
Staff

FYI - JMP 9 launched today!!

it is not work when I change to win7. it is always showing wrong path....Would you help on that?
mpb
mpb
Level VII

The "get path()" function MattF mentioned in JMP 9 works in Windows 7.