cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aaronjiang
Level I

How to export make binning formula script in JSL

I am able to use make binning formula for my datasets. But I want to export the script that enables the binning to happen. Does anyone know how I can achieve that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to export make binning formula script in JSL

Hi @aaronjiang,

When you use Make Binning Formula, a new column is created with the formula used to make those bins. You'll see in the columns list on the left that the binning column has the plus sign next to it -- that means there is a formula for that column.Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.58.40 PM.pngIf you click that plus sign, or right-click the column header and select Formula, you can see the formula that JMP has written for you. If you double click that formula, you can see the JSL:formula.gif

You can use that jsl in another formula column in another table if you want, so long as that table has the same column name you used in your original table. If you wish to copy the jsl to create the column and apply that formula, you can use the Copy Script For Selected Column(s) to Clipboard Add In

If you would like more details on JMP Formulas in general, I suggest you watch one of the Mastering JMP Webinars. I suggest Using Formulas to Get the Most from Your Data

I hope this helps!

@julian 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to export make binning formula script in JSL

Hi @aaronjiang,

When you use Make Binning Formula, a new column is created with the formula used to make those bins. You'll see in the columns list on the left that the binning column has the plus sign next to it -- that means there is a formula for that column.Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.58.40 PM.pngIf you click that plus sign, or right-click the column header and select Formula, you can see the formula that JMP has written for you. If you double click that formula, you can see the JSL:formula.gif

You can use that jsl in another formula column in another table if you want, so long as that table has the same column name you used in your original table. If you wish to copy the jsl to create the column and apply that formula, you can use the Copy Script For Selected Column(s) to Clipboard Add In

If you would like more details on JMP Formulas in general, I suggest you watch one of the Mastering JMP Webinars. I suggest Using Formulas to Get the Most from Your Data

I hope this helps!

@julian