cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
NoScoped
Level I

How to examine VIF in a generalized regression report?

Hi there,

I'm trying to check for collinearity and want to examine the VIF in my zero-inflated negative binomial regression. How would I go about doing that? I found online that I should context click the parameter estimates and add VIF as a metric. How do I context click?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to examine VIF in a generalized regression report?

Hi @NoScoped,

I think that just means to right-click.  I don't have JMP Pro, so I can't verify that you can do this in with the Generalized Regression personality, but I know this works in an standard least squares report.  You just right-click anywhere in the Parameter Estimates table and select Columns > VIF.

VIFs are completely independent of the response variable, so even if that doesn't work in the Generalized Regression report, you can always use a dummy response with a standard least squares personality and get the VIFs.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to examine VIF in a generalized regression report?

Hi @NoScoped,

I think that just means to right-click.  I don't have JMP Pro, so I can't verify that you can do this in with the Generalized Regression personality, but I know this works in an standard least squares report.  You just right-click anywhere in the Parameter Estimates table and select Columns > VIF.

VIFs are completely independent of the response variable, so even if that doesn't work in the Generalized Regression report, you can always use a dummy response with a standard least squares personality and get the VIFs.

-- Cameron Willden