cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
NoScoped
Level I

How to examine VIF in a generalized regression report?

Hi there,

I'm trying to check for collinearity and want to examine the VIF in my zero-inflated negative binomial regression. How would I go about doing that? I found online that I should context click the parameter estimates and add VIF as a metric. How do I context click?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to examine VIF in a generalized regression report?

Hi @NoScoped,

I think that just means to right-click.  I don't have JMP Pro, so I can't verify that you can do this in with the Generalized Regression personality, but I know this works in an standard least squares report.  You just right-click anywhere in the Parameter Estimates table and select Columns > VIF.

VIFs are completely independent of the response variable, so even if that doesn't work in the Generalized Regression report, you can always use a dummy response with a standard least squares personality and get the VIFs.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to examine VIF in a generalized regression report?

Hi @NoScoped,

I think that just means to right-click.  I don't have JMP Pro, so I can't verify that you can do this in with the Generalized Regression personality, but I know this works in an standard least squares report.  You just right-click anywhere in the Parameter Estimates table and select Columns > VIF.

VIFs are completely independent of the response variable, so even if that doesn't work in the Generalized Regression report, you can always use a dummy response with a standard least squares personality and get the VIFs.

-- Cameron Willden