cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Kynda
Level III

How to enter subsampling data for replications when perform repeated measurements MANOVA?

I've two groups, each group has three replications and I take measrements at four different time points. 

From each replication I take five measurements (n=5 within a replication).

How can I enter subsampling data without averaging?

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

Re: How to enter subsampling data for replications when perform repeated measurements MANOVA?

Hi, Kynda!

Your question has many different exclusive interpretations, so I'm almost sure I have misunderstood your intention...

...but couldn't you structure the dataset for a repeated measures MANOVA like this?

image.png

More information might help.

Good luck.

Kynda
Level III

Re: How to enter subsampling data for replications when perform repeated measurements MANOVA?

Hi @Kevin_Anderson Thank you for the reply.

Here is an one of data sample, I've 3 groups (Control, 1mM treatment, 2mM treatment), Each group has two replications (R1 & R2) and I take measurements at 4 time points (0d,1d, 3d,5d). Each replication has six samples (subsampling) and same sample use for all the time points (repeated measures). 

As you have illustrated I see, I can enter the data like that, Could you please let me know how can I perform the analysis and mean separation (posthoc-turkey) for eachtime point?  I'm expecting to draw a graph like this and denote significance difference at each tim epoint? 

Picture1.png

Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

Hi, Kynda!

How's this?

image.png

Your Excel data were transferred to a JMP data table, which is enclosed.

The graph is a simple bar chart from the Graph -> Chart pulldown that I customized a bit to look somewhat like yours.

Dr. John W. Tukey (please note: no "r". :) may be spinning like a lathe right now, but I got the somewhat odd confidence interval number from a Mixed Model analysis of the repeated measures experiment (Fixed=Group, Random=Rep(Group), Repeated=Time Group=Group), then choosing the Multiple Comparison -> Tukey HSD, noting the Quantile and Adjusted DF from that analysis, and geting the t distribution value (98.8857...)from that.  Yeah, that's kinda gnarley and someone may (should?!) have a better approach, but there you go.  The Mixed Model analysis is somewhat more rigorous than your desired histograms, and basically say the same thing with different graphs.

Of course, this isn't the Multivariate part of the MANOVA you mentioned in the subject.  I assume you have more response variables, but didn't include them in your example?

'Hope this helps.

Kynda
Level III

@Kevin_Anderson 

Thank you very much Kevin!

Yes for this Repeated Measures Analysis (Mixed Model) is fine.

Could you please tell me how you perform turkey test here in JMP and got this graph?

This is how I perform the analysis:

Analyze > Fir Model 

EG1 to Y

Group, Rep, Time added to Construct model

Then, Rep(Group) & Random (by changing attributes to Random effect) [is this correct?]

Method: REML

Run!

Is this the way I have to perform? 

If yes, How can I proceed ahead with multiple comparision Turky?

Because my output looks like this and which button I have to click for Mean separation?

EG.jmp1.png

In Effect details 

EG.jmp2.png

I want to get the mean separation for each time point separately, as shown in the graph?

Time"0": what is the mean separation of Control /1mm/2mM

Time "1": etc.

large.png

And please tell me how did you create this graph in JMP?

Thank you for your kind support