cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MartinY
Level III

How to do T-test with multiple reponses?

Martin here:

I want to evaluate two chemicals ( two suppliers) in an adhesive formulation in terms of adhesion.

This would be a classic T-Test. But I have multiple adhesions results to compare.

Adhesions results would be: 28 day, 20 mins; 30 mins;  after immersion; heat aging, etc.

How could this be done in JMP?  In terms of interpretation, do I have to do T-Test individually for each

adhesion?

Thanks!

Martin

11 REPLIES 11
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to do T-test with multiple reponses?

If you use the "?" tool from the tool bar at the top of the window

help.PNG

or while clicked into a JMP window, you press the ? key, you will get a "?" cursor, that you can move over any object in the window and then click on it.  It will open a context sensitive help window.  In answering your question, if you click on the Parameter Estimates table, the help screens that pop up will provide you with details of what the Parameter Estimates are.  Included in the documentation is:

When X'X is singular, a generalized inverse is used to obtain estimates. This approach permits some, but not all, of the parameters involved in a linear dependency to be estimated. Parameters are estimated based on the order of entry of their associated terms into the model, so that the last terms entered are the ones whose parameters are not estimated. Estimates are given in the Parameter Estimates report, and parameters that cannot be estimated are given estimates of 0.

So for your study, these estimates are not of any interest.  You should concentrate on the Effect Tests and any subsequent LSMeans comparisons you perform. 

Jim
MartinY
Level III

Re: How to do T-test with multiple reponses?

Hi Jim:

You have fully answered my question, thank you very much for your time and help.

Martin