cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sursangeet1
Level II

How to do Market Basket Analysis (Find Association Rules) in JMP?

How to do Market Basket Analysis (Find Association Rules) in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to do Market Basket Analysis (Find Association Rules) in JMP?

Hi,

I know this is somewhat late to respond but I thought I would post an update.

I'm happy to state with the latest release of JMP you can now perform association or market basket analysis.

The following documentation describes the process where items that have an affinity for each other. Frequently used to analyze transactional data (also called market baskets) to identify items that often apper together in transactions.  

A recent market basket analysis blog post discusses the topic. Some examples can be found in Chapter 16 of the book by Ron Klimberg and B.D. McCullough.

Additional consumer research topics were presented previously by @melinda_thielba at the Discovery Summit 2016 conference included:

• Maximum Difference Analysis Platform for Best-Worst Scaling  
  • “No Choice” indicator allows respondents to select “None of these” or “Continue Shopping”
  • Effect Summary (similar to Fit Model) for interactive model building and enhancements to profiler usability.  
  • Hierarchical Bayes Models for subject effects (JMP Pro)

Please have a look at the above resources to get started with association analysis using JMP Pro.

Cheers,

Stan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
stevedenham
Level II

I'll be interested in an answer to this as well, because JMP is an order of magnitude less expensive than SAS Enterprise Miner.

Steve Denham

Jeff_Perkinson

JMP does not do market basket analysis.

Sorry!

-Jeff

-Jeff
mattflynn
Level III

JMP does make it extremely easy to connect to local PC SAS or a remote SAS server.  If the SAS box includes Enterprise Miner, JMP makes it easy to directly call EM procs with JSL something like:

SAS Submit("

proc assoc ....

run;

");

the resulting set of rules generated can easily be read back into JMP for interactive graphical exploration.

Best regards,

-Matt

stan_koprowski

Hi,

I know this is somewhat late to respond but I thought I would post an update.

I'm happy to state with the latest release of JMP you can now perform association or market basket analysis.

The following documentation describes the process where items that have an affinity for each other. Frequently used to analyze transactional data (also called market baskets) to identify items that often apper together in transactions.  

A recent market basket analysis blog post discusses the topic. Some examples can be found in Chapter 16 of the book by Ron Klimberg and B.D. McCullough.

Additional consumer research topics were presented previously by @melinda_thielba at the Discovery Summit 2016 conference included:

• Maximum Difference Analysis Platform for Best-Worst Scaling  
  • “No Choice” indicator allows respondents to select “None of these” or “Continue Shopping”
  • Effect Summary (similar to Fit Model) for interactive model building and enhancements to profiler usability.  
  • Hierarchical Bayes Models for subject effects (JMP Pro)

Please have a look at the above resources to get started with association analysis using JMP Pro.

Cheers,

Stan