cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Nanditha_06
Level I

How to do D optimal design in JMP

I'm a beginner with JMP. 

Objective of my study is to find out optimized choice cards to the commuter under different scenarios. I have identified 3 alternatives (option A, B, C) with 4 attributes each namely, CC, TTS, DTD and PLR. 

For option A : (arranged from worst to best)

CC - 3 levels (70,60,50)

TTS - 3 levels (5,10,15)

DTD1 - 2 levels (20,10)

PLR1 - 3 levels (10,20,30)

For option B : (arranged from worst to best)

DTD2 - 4 levels (-20,-10,10,20)

PLR2 - 3 levels (10,20,30)

For option C : (arranged from worst to best)

DTD3 - 4 levels (-20,-10,10,20)

PLR3 - 3 levels (-30,-20,-10)

As from the above identified factors and levels - My combinations turns out to be - 3*3*2*3*4*3*4*3 =  7776. Which is very high for creating profiles and I need to d optimize the choice cards.

I wanted to do DOE with these factors and levels in order to create significant choice cards. But I'm unable to understand which design method I should opt for. Kindly help me out. 

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to do D optimal design in JMP

First off, I suggest that you read the "DOE Guide" from the JMP Documentation Library that was installed on your computer when JMP was installed.

Help==>JMP Documentation Library

There you will find that D-Optimal designs are handled in Custom Design

Open

DOE==>Custom Design

And then under the red triangle options you will find

dopt.PNG

An easy way to have found the path to the D-Optimal design is through the Statistics Index in JMP.  If you go to

Help==>Statistics Index

and scroll down to, or click on the selections and type in D-Optimal you will find

dopt2.PNG

Jim

Re: How to do D optimal design in JMP

There is also an optimal choice design platform in JMP that might suit your purpose. It is also explained in the same guide that @txnelson referred to.