cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bengotye
Level I

How to disable jmp alert messages?

Hi,

I want to create a script that runs automatically when opening the jmp file and will save a graphbuild as image.

The issue is i keep receiving an alert message from a dialogue box. The alert is a warning that an "on open" script is trying to autosave, and requires to click OK.

How can I bypass that? Any suggestion?

4 REPLIES 4
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: How to disable jmp alert messages?

This may or may not fix your particular issue, but it's worth checking your Preferences:

11044_Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 13.26.04.png

bengotye
Level I

Hi Ian,

Changing the OnOpen Evaluation to Never simply stops the scripts from auto running, which is opposite of what I want to do.

I found this information on the JMP website:

If you save a script to a data table and name it OnOpen or On Open, JMP can automatically run the script whenever you open the data table. On Open scripts that execute other programs are never run.
Select Always to allow On Open scripts to run without prompting.
Select Never to prevent On Open scripts from automatically running when a data table is opened.

On Open scripts that execute other programs are never run.

Which explains why I am blocked with the prompted message below.

11045_Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 10.12.43 PM.png

Any alternative to run On Open a script?

ian_jmp
Staff

I'm sorry, I didn't know about that restriction, but I understand why it's there.

As for an alternative, I think that will depend on the workflow you envisage.

txnelson
Super User

as an alternative to an Onopen script, you could add the open function to the startup script.

Create a script called jmpstart.jsl and save it in the folder C:\Users\<username>\

Jim