cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
FabSTM
Level II

How to delete some rows in a table box from a Variability Summary table?

Hello,

I have a "Variability Chart" with the associated "Variability Summary" table which includes 32 rows.

In this Summary table, I need to keep only the first 11 rows and to delete all the others.

In the Show Tree Structure (see below snapshot), I can see the StringColBox and the NumberColBox I want to modify.

So far, I have tried the "Remove Element" function.

This function returns no error, however no rows are deleted in my summary table.

Below an extract of the code, I have tried:

rVarChart = VarChart << Report;

rVarChart["Variability Summary?"][NumberColBox("Observations")] << remove element ( 12 );

In addition, this function works for the StringColBox but not for all the rows I want to delete...

Which function and what code should I use to perform this action in my Variability Summary Table?

Regards,

Fab

Tree Structure.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to delete some rows in a table box from a Variability Summary table?

You need to use the Table Box object to affect rows. See Help > Scripting Index > Display Boxes > TableBox.

del row.PNG

FabSTM
Level II

After reading your solution, I have tried unsuccessfully several jsl codes...

Here is an example of what I have tried:

• rVarChart = VarChart << Report; // VarChart is my Variability Chart which includes the Variability Summary table
  • tb = rVarChart["Variability Summary?"][TableBox(1)];
  • tb << select; // I can select/deselect the Variability Summary table
  • tb << delete row (2); // I get the message "Unable to delete row 2 from table"

What is missing or incorrect in this code?

Regards,

FabSTM

ErraticAttack
Level VI

Any response on this?  I too need to do something similar -- the first row is of a different domain / different type than all the other rows and I'd like to remove it, but I'm not seeing how to

Jordan
DaveB
Staff

Deleting from a live report is restricted in many situations and this is one of them.  If you journal the report then you should be able to successfully delete rows from the table box.  If simply hiding the rows is good enough and you are running Jmp 17 then you can try filtering out the rows so they don't get shown

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Variability Data/2 Factors Crossed.jmp" );
obj = dt << Variability Chart( Y( :Measurement ), X( :Operator, :part# ) );
obj << (Variability Analysis[1] << Variability Summary Report( 1 ));
tb = (obj<<report)["Variability Summary?"][TableBox(1)];
tb << filter where(Observations > 4)