cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
duhamel
Level I

How to create a login and password on JMP APPLICATION

Hello Everybody,

I'm a new user of JMP and I just create my first application with jmp application builder

I just want to know how to create a login and password before launch my application.

Looking for your answer

Thank you

Duhamel.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to create a login and password on JMP APPLICATION

There are two properties on the Application object to help with access control.

If you toggle on the 'Encrypt' property, the saved Application will be encrypted when saved to a .jmpapp file, a data table, or add-in (any saved form that runs the application).  This encryption is equivalent to Edit>Encrypt Script for a JSL script.  Note that the .jmpappsource file, which opens into the JMP Application Builder, is NOT encrypted.  This is the "source file" and the developer must keep it safe.

Optionally, you can set the 'Run Password' on an encrypted Application.  This password would be needed to run the saved encrypted application, but again is NOT needed to reopen the .jmpappsource file in App Builder.  There is no concept of a login name - only the single password is supported.

Hope that helps!

-Dan

8864_AppBuilderEncrypt.png

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to create a login and password on JMP APPLICATION

As DanSchikore points out there's no built-in username/password database for JMP Applications.

If you want to manage that yourself and you need to prompt for passwords, you can obscure the password entry field using by setting <<Password Style (1) on the Text Edit Box.

Here's the example from the Scripting Index:

Names Default To Here( 1 );

win = New Window( "Example", fontobj = text = Text Edit Box( "Example Text" ) );

text << Password Style( 1 );

-Jeff

-Jeff