cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to create a graph with jittered points like jmp15 in Jmp18?

When using point jittered with Fit Y by X, I can't shift the points like I can with jmp15.
I want the points to be plotted inside the box. Is there any way to create it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to create a graph with jittered points like jmp15 in Jmp18?

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

I can produce a similar plot for your JMP 15 version, and in JMP 18

txnelson_0-1725333298335.png

I assume you are getting by default the chart with the square markers and the large marker size, and the thick, red box plot outline.  This would be because of the Preference settings for your copy of JMP 15.  You will need to go to File=>Preferences=>Graphs and compare the same settings in JMP 18 Graph preferences, and to change them.

You can also manually make the changes just to the graph by right clicking on the legend marker and selecting Marker Color and Marker Size, and then right click on the graph and select Customize and there, change the box plot line color and line thickness

Jim
jthi
Super User

Thank you for your reply.
I understand that jitter does not have the same form as jmp16/17.
I am not an English speaker so I had a hard time finding the thread I needed, so this was very helpful.
I will wait for the change. Thank you.