cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mostarr
Level IV

How to count the number of elements in a column / find the length or size of a column in JSL

I somehow stumbled upon 

N Items()

in the Scripting Index by sheer luck, no telling how many are less fortunate than me, but this simple task doesn't work for a column that is, I don't know what the right word is, accessed? by 

col = Column(dt, "Col Name");

it throws

N Items() argument must be a list

and proceeds no further.

Once again, a slew of Google searches with various substitute words only gives very complicated computer scripting problems as hits, not what I am looking for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mostarr
Level IV

Re: How to count the number of elements in a column / find the length or size of a column in JSL

Ah, but simply getting the N Rows(); of the whole table instead of the individual column does wonders. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mostarr
Level IV

Re: How to count the number of elements in a column / find the length or size of a column in JSL

N Rows();

doesn't work either, for a column instantiated or accessed the way I was told to do so in a previous post, using Col();.

mostarr
Level IV

Ah, but simply getting the N Rows(); of the whole table instead of the individual column does wonders. Thanks.