cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Fiona_Baines
Level II

How to copy/paste value color settings from one JMP table to another

It is possible to copy/paste value order settings from one JMP table to another.

Is it also possible to copy value color settings from one JMP table to another using point and click? There is the option to right click and select "copy" but I can't see how to paste color settings into the new table in order to avoid having to repeat setting the value colors again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to copy/paste value color settings from one JMP table to another

If you talk about value color settings, this can be done by point and click: Right click into the column -> Copy Column Properties. Go to the second table, right click on the column -> Paste Column Properties. Take care that all column properties will be copied and pasted.

In the (i believe) unlikely case of just single cells:

If you have only certain cells colored and want the same cell colored in another table. The only way I know you can do this interactively is 

right click, copy column, in new table right click paste column, you will get a new column with just the colored cell, then copy the column entries of interest and paste them into the new column with the colored cell. You may want to delete the old column. 

You may want to think about JSL scripting to do this as it will be less error prone.

/****NeverStopLearning****/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you talk about value color settings, this can be done by point and click: Right click into the column -> Copy Column Properties. Go to the second table, right click on the column -> Paste Column Properties. Take care that all column properties will be copied and pasted.

In the (i believe) unlikely case of just single cells:

If you have only certain cells colored and want the same cell colored in another table. The only way I know you can do this interactively is 

right click, copy column, in new table right click paste column, you will get a new column with just the colored cell, then copy the column entries of interest and paste them into the new column with the colored cell. You may want to delete the old column. 

You may want to think about JSL scripting to do this as it will be less error prone.

/****NeverStopLearning****/
Fiona_Baines
Level II

Many thanks for the tip Martin. This is a great time saving when you have multiple tables that have common columns which need to have the same column properties.