cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hudu28
Level I

How to copy graph into latex

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of latex and JMP. I just produced a graph and want to import it into my latex editor. Does anyone have an idea how to go about it?

Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
XanGregg
Staff

Re: How to copy graph into latex

JMP can output graphs as SVG, which is a W3C vector graphics standard. (Save as HTML and choose SVG as the image format.) You may be able to import or embed SVG to Latex.
hudu28
Level I

Thank you very much.
I'll try it.

Greetings.

Its a little archaic, but you can try taking a screen shot, cropping the image, and saving as a gif.
XanGregg
Staff

There are also printer drivers which will produce PDF or EPS files, which Latex can consume.
hudu28
Level I

Thanks to everyone for your responses

I have had this problem for a while. The best way that I have found for good graphics while using latex is to journal the graph you want in JMP, use the 'SELECT' tool (fat plus) to select the components that you want in your graph and DRAG it into a vector editor such as Adobe Illustrator or Vector Designer (if you are using mac). Then resize as needed and export as a "high quality print" PDF. This does a great job at producing 300dpi versions of the 72dpi JMP Graphs that are now vector images and can be zoomed in or out to your heart's content.
Here is the syntax for the proper way to reference a pdf image file in latex:

\begin{figure}
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=3.5in]{JMPgraph.pdf}
\end{center}
\caption{My beautiful 300dpi JMP Graph.}
\label{fig:JMPgraph}
\end{figure}

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36733730@N05/3577628868/

Here is a link to a flickr pic that shows the difference in technique.