Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mkunzi
Level I

How to connect formulas to dedicated colums instead of row number

Hey everybody,

From my predecessor I inherit some data files with these kind of formulas (see also attached file):

Example Formula.jpg

Match( :Phase,
	"Preparation", (:Date_time[2] - :Date_time[1]) / 3600,
	"Cultivation", (:Date_time[5] - :Date_time[3]) / 3600,
	"Harvest", (:Date_time[7] - :Date_time[6]) / 3600
)

I would like to exchange the row numbers with dedicated Timepoints, so that it doesn't matter at what row of the table the data is.

In my head it looks like: "Cultivation", (:Date_time[:Timepoint == "End"] - :Date_time[:Timepoint == "Inoculation"]) / 3600

Unfortunately this doesn't work and I don't find any suitable code. Can you help me with it?

Thx,

Markus

PS: as I am new to Scripting in general and JMP in special, please excuse me if I use the wrong language or ask stupid questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to connect formulas to dedicated colums instead of row number

To get the row numbers you need, you can use Loc() or Contains functions. Below is an example using Contains()

Match(:Phase,
	"Cultivation", (:Date_time[Contains(:Timepoint << get as matrix, "End")] - :Date_time[Contains(:Timepoint << get as matrix, "Inocultation")]) / 3600,
)

Not exactly answer to your question, but in this case you could maybe use something like this (if you only need first and last times per Phase):

(Col Max(:Date_time, :Phase) - Col Min(:Date_time, :Phase)) / In Hours(1)
-Jarmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

To get the row numbers you need, you can use Loc() or Contains functions. Below is an example using Contains()

Match(:Phase,
	"Cultivation", (:Date_time[Contains(:Timepoint << get as matrix, "End")] - :Date_time[Contains(:Timepoint << get as matrix, "Inocultation")]) / 3600,
)

Not exactly answer to your question, but in this case you could maybe use something like this (if you only need first and last times per Phase):

(Col Max(:Date_time, :Phase) - Col Min(:Date_time, :Phase)) / In Hours(1)
-Jarmo
mkunzi
Level I

Wow, that was quick.

Thak you @jthi for your help, it is exactly what I was looking for.

As it is not always Beginn and End I decided for the following code:

Match( :Phase,
	"Cultivation",(:Date_time[Loc( :Timepoint << get as matrix, "End" )] - :Date_time[Loc( :Timepoint << get as matrix, "Inocultation" )]) / In Hours( 1 )
)

I chose Loc, because I understand it as Location and now it is easy readable.