cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hs
hs
Level I

How to combine data into one jump file

I am new to using Jump so I assume this is a basic question. I have approximately five different jump files with data. I would like to combine all the data into one file and create a script to show all the data on one graph. I attached the files I would like to combine.

Thanks

HS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: How to combine data into one jump file

First of all make sure all of your columns have consistent names then simply open all of your files and use the Tables>Concatenate capability in JMP. I renamed your columns A, B, C, D, E, F to simplify and then just concatenated them in order using the dialog box test1, test2, test3, test4, test5 and obtained a combined table with all of your 1,035,487 records. I also checked the feature to add a column for the source as well as the maintain column formulas.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
louv
Staff (Retired)

First of all make sure all of your columns have consistent names then simply open all of your files and use the Tables>Concatenate capability in JMP. I renamed your columns A, B, C, D, E, F to simplify and then just concatenated them in order using the dialog box test1, test2, test3, test4, test5 and obtained a combined table with all of your 1,035,487 records. I also checked the feature to add a column for the source as well as the maintain column formulas.

hs
hs
Level I

Thanks much, that was easy, as I expected.

HS